The 21st Century Learning Environment – a minimalist view
the 21st Century Learning enviroment is here:–
In the Face to Face learning Zone:-
- An Interactive Whiteboard – just using a basic flip chart to assess students knowledge, and access to the LP, Youtube etc.
- A teacher PC with bluetooth
- A Digital camera for the teacher – to take snaps for reflective practice
- 4 laptops with wireless connection and open office – used for basic use in group learning situations.
- All students to have their own mobile devices – to capture learning events for reflective practice, bluetooth enabled and
- A3 paper, marker pens, postits, bluetack – and walls free of posters.
- A learning platform that offers web 2.0
The dispersed learning zone (individual, home, bus, social)
- A home PC with bluetooth.
- Mobile device with bluetooth
What learning technology minimalist knowledge does the teacher need:-
How to take and upload digital photos, how to use the basic features of the interactive whiteboard, how to setup questions and wikis on a learning platform. The pedagogy of co-operation and collaboration, excellent digital literacy.
What learning technology minimalist knowledge does the learner need:-
How to contact their peers, how to create a social learning network, how to search with digital literacy.
From this technology the 21st Century Learning environment can be achieved, even within the current walls of restrictive practice.